Department of Computer Science and Engineering is running undergraduate course BE and Master course ME. Curriculum of courses is same as given by RGTU Bhopal. Apart from this curriculum department provides facility to update students as per the requirement of Industries in the form of certification courses like Oracle, Microsoft, EMC2 etc.
Department always keeps on updating its students by organizing many Expert Lectures where people having many years of industry experience or are highly knowledgeable come to Our college campus to interact with students, also we organize many workshops on latest and cutting edge technologies like Big Data, Hadoop, IOS, Andriod, Ruby on Rails. Department has many tie-ups with the industry to help students get Industrial trainings as a part of their curriculum and also helps them getting Placements.
Department is having association with professional body like IEEE, CSI and ISTE. We are having student branch of various societies like:
- CSI Student Branch
- IEEE Student Branch
- IEEE Computer Society Chapter
- IEEE Woman in Engineering Affinity Chapter
- ISTE Student Chapter
In 2007, we have started CSI student branch. Under the banner of CSI students had organized three successful National level Technical Festivals and developed their entrepreneur skill with academics. In 2009, we have started IEEE Student Branch to explore research activity in the department. Under IEEE we have organized number of workshops like Information Security, Robotics, and MATLAB etc. Most of our students are doing their projects as research project and published their papers in International level conferences organized by IEEE, ACM etc. Our students have also got the placement in research field. In 2010, we have got the permission to start IEEE Computer Society Chapter and IEEE woman in Engineering Chapter.
Department annually organizes many events for students through E-Week where students shows enthusiasm in participating on events like Brain Buster.
Also Events like Code Chef and Code Vita has helped students to build their interest towards Computer Programming.
We have specially designed Labs for Students so that they can learn latest technologies within department itself. We have fully equipped IOS Lab, Android Lab, J2EE Lab, Hadoop and Big Data Lab also we constantly upgrade them to ensure latest versions of software being available to students for performing their Research Activity.
- BE Intake : 240
- MTech Computer Science & Engineering (CSE) Intake : 24
Vision of CSE department
The department is inclined to produce globally competent and qualified computer professionals who make quality engineering solutions and do research to serve the community & profession with the moral values and ethics.
Mission of CSE department
1) To impart high quality professional education at undergraduate and postgraduate levels with emphasis on basic principles of Computer Science and Engineering
2) To develop quality engineering solutions and research capabilities
3) To inculcate professional behavior, strong ethical values and leadership
AIMs and Objectives
The Institute aims to inculcate following qualities in professional engineers:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.