One Week Faculty Development Programme
Faculty Development Programme on “NBA Accreditation for Quality Assurance” In Collaboration with NITTTR, Chandigarh, An Initiative of Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, GoI
Objective of Event:
- Understand institution as a system, world class institution and its characteristics.
- Understand norms and standards for engineering programmes.
- Understand Concept and process of NBA accreditation.
- Understand parameters, criteria and proforma for institutional accreditation.
- Understand outcome based education & outcome based curriculum of engineering programmes.
- Understand intuitional preparation for NBA Accreditation.
- Managing institutional excellence.
Speaker Details: (Speakers from NITTTR Chandigarh)
Dr. AK Nassa, Member Secretary, NBA, New Delhi
Prof. B.S. Pabla
Prof. R.K. Wats
Prof. S.S. Pattnaik
Dr Shimi S.L
Prof. S.S. Banwait
Prof. Lini Mathew
World class institution and its characteristics, Institution as a system & quality assurance, Norms and standards for degree programmes, SWOT Analysis of an institution, NBA accreditation: concept and importance, Accreditation process of NBA, Parameters & criteria of NBA accreditation., Outcome based Education & its implementation., Institutional preparation for accreditation and pitfalls., Accreditation visit and reporting
Details of Participants: ME Deptt. Faculties – 14 no., Faculties from Other Department – 08 no. , AFMR Faculties: 09, MCA Faculty: 01, Faculty from other Institutes -05
No. of Participants – 37
- Formulate Vision, Mission, PSOs, COs.
- Identify, design and apply appropriate assessment methods for PEOs, POs and COs.
- Assess and evaluate attainment of COs, PSOs and POs.
- Apply the Innovative teaching learning methods.
- Identify the scope for continuous improvement and to propose corrective measures.
Assess all the criteria in the NBA’s SAR.